BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

>
Boards The Factory About WM's MGF
Elysian Shadows -WM Publishing
27/05/2014 - 21:15
To be this good takes NOLEMRETAW.. Eh.. Close enough..
27/05/2014 - 22:16
Looks like a pretty good game to me! ;)
Engine/Toolkit developer for Elysian Shadows
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
13%
27/05/2014 - 22:28
I'll back that up, Falco! ;)
28/05/2014 - 00:35
I have been watching this development since it was called the Elysian Shadows revolution. Stopped paying notice about a year ago when I thought the project was abandoned. So happy to see [:WM] is on the case.
Destroy him, my robots.
28/05/2014 - 00:53
We took a temporary break from YouTube right around that time to focus our development efforts on completing our in-house Toolkit and Level Editor, which weren't really all that interesting for a YouTube audience.

If you haven't been keeping up with ES this year, I'm kind of excited to hear what you think about the project now... We've been releasing videos regularly all year and have completely transformed and rebranded the project.

And yes, it's a pleasure to be affiliated with a group of people as talented and accomplished as WaterMelon. We're all long-time fans of Pier Solar, and are honored to be given this opportunity.
28/05/2014 - 06:42
I have been following the project off and on as well. After reading this thread I watched the most recent vlog that's linked in that article and can say I'm really excited for it. After so many years it's really nice to see you guys still commited to the project and putting so much of your effort and passion into it. With the engine built i'm hoping it also leads to other developers utilizing it for future dreamcast releases as well.

I'm curious to know how final your art assets are in the game that were shown in the video? Are a lot of those places holders or final? Can we expect the final build to look very similar to what we're seeing now?

Also I'm really happy WM is publishing it for you guys. I've been following WM since 2 or 3 years before pier solar was initially released and stayed with them ever since. There isn't a retro developer studio that I trust more. Count me in as a buyer when it gets to that stage!
28/05/2014 - 08:10
That is a really good news indeed ! Will we be able to buy this on the [:WM] store ?
28/05/2014 - 17:27
@winds: We have a bad habit (that we're trying to stop) of using placeholder graphics or sprites from other games for demo areas until our artists produce the in-game art... It's helpful for allowing level design and scripting progress to proceed without being blocked waiting on progress by our artists.

Which tiles/assets are you referring to specifically? I will have our art team register on these boards to answer your questions. We're glad to hear your enthusiasm with our progress, and we can't wait to share with you the game of our dreams!

Also, while I'm not sure exactly how [:WM] will handle the publishing, as our publisher, I'm sure there's a pretty good chance of them wishing to distribute it through their own store. We fully support that and the [:WM] store from the Elysian Shadows side!
28/05/2014 - 18:49
Good news!
I have taken a look at your youtube channel. You look to communicate a lot, and on various aspects of the game. This looks promising.
Even if I don't own a Dreamcast, I may drop some coins, at least so you can buy some cat food <3
Most annoying fanboy ever
28/05/2014 - 23:45
Happy to see this, I have been following ES for a few years and think WM will do a great job publishing. Can't wait for a chance to play this
Panic!
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

>
BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS