SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards The Factory About WM's MGF
It Came From The Desert
26/07/2014 - 13:36
Unreleased megadrive game will be published by WM this holiday!
I guess this holiday will also see the release of project y and the rerelease of pier solar!
http://desert.cinemaware.com/index.htm 
Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
26/07/2014 - 15:58
Nice ! I have never heard of that came so I'm gonna search some infos about it before pre ordering it.
27/07/2014 - 12:02
Edit - Me stupid! LOL.
FM Towns Fan
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
17%
27/07/2014 - 15:10
Whoa, so the ideas from this topic bore fruits: MGF/boards/mgf-about_10/Game-licensing-from-others-_10412/ 
WM should really go after Jelly Boy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Boy 
27/07/2014 - 16:10
@wheelaa

Permission? If you just follow the link from smj11 you can check the “entity behind this” is the original developing company... http://desert.cinemaware.com/index.htm  :

Originally founded in 1985, Cinemaware became a dominant force in interactive entertainment across multiple platforms of computers, consoles and mobile devices, with its titles rooted in classic movie genres and renowned for their Hollywood-caliber production values, immersive storytelling and innovative gameplay.

Sven from Cinemaware:“There are so many unreleased games out there and it was a personal heart desire to release such a pearl on his designated hardware. Can´t wait to get my hands on that box!“ 

24 years after its planned release, "It Came From the Desert(tm) – The Action Game“ finally arrives on the original Sega Mega Drive/Genesis platform! Cinemaware® is proud to announce the upcoming release of this unreleased action game. Packaged as a limited-edition series with hardshell case, cartridge, manual and poster, this will become a unique, rare collector's item!  

"It Came From the Desert – The Action Game“ will be released as a limited edition version. For the production of the cartridge, the case and the manual we are working together with WaterMelon Games, the creators of Pier Solar for the Mega Drive/Genesis. The release is planned for the Holiday 2014 season and will be delivered world-wide! 

27/07/2014 - 16:17
Pretty cool seeing unreleased games get a official release years later. I'd be great to see more of this or even re-releases of games for their original hardware.
28/07/2014 - 02:15
Hum... [:/] No. I do not liked this game.
I tried the rom of this some time ago, and I could not stand playing even for 10 minutes!
Could be considered a gem for hardcore collectors, but, to me, it looks like a bad homebrew, everything must be revised! EVERYTHING! Better would be if Cinemaware start over again.
Well, I wish good lucky to all people involved, but I have absolutely no intention to buy this. Would have to improve much at all to change my mind.
Sorry, not this time.
Get 5% OFF buying ANY PRODUCT @WM's shop with coupon code 103982
28/07/2014 - 16:46
Jagunco, I've tried the game yesterday and indeed it's not that good.
But I saw some great potential if they revise the difficulty, it's really too hard right now, even with save states. And the time limit is useless.
I hope they will revise lot of things to make it playable.

108 stars on sega-16 said this:
 The plan is for the game to actually get polished, expanded and finished if everything works out. It is quite rough around the edges, and the high difficulty for example is a result of design flaws times, not legitimate challenge. But there is a potentially good game hidden within. This should all be fixed if everything goes according to plan. Also some new graphics and a few new scenes are on the table.
So this is not about just putting the freeware on a cart.  

Hope it's true and they revise the game ;)
And the cover art also, it is really terrible !!! It doesn't reflect the other cinemaware games' covers and the other It Came From The Desert game.
Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
17%
28/07/2014 - 23:12
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who is involved to realize this!

So thankful to Cinemaware and Watermelon!

[:WM][:WM][:WM][:WM][:WM][:WM][:WM][:WM]
~ Respect Developers ~
02/08/2014 - 22:22
I mean it looks cool and It seems like WM is really trying to get out there and become a big company with all these projects they're publishing but, nothing they publish imho even seems to come close to the things they create themselves which are just amazing.
秘密? どのような秘密のプロジェクトですか?
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS