SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards PAPRIUM About the Game
Datenmeister
03/04/2018 - 18:44
How is not having this specific semi conductor going to effect the end product for this project? Considering you guys were talking like this was a godsend now that we know that it won't be in paprium how will that effect the sound/music that's already been made for the game? Will this have hinder the games performance or overall look?
Also when you made the funding campaign I'm assuming funds were used to make and develop these semi conductors that don't actually work and will no longer be used. But customers have already been charged a premium price for a specific item that you guys gushed about how this was game changer.. It was a game changer alright seeing that it doesn't work.

So what effect will this have overall? And if all this magic can be done using stuff that's already out why did you bother developing a new semi conductor? And why over a year ago you announced that the Datenmeister was good to go and now a year later you're like oops? Did it ever actually work? What did the factory say? Was it a manufacturing problem like you said or was it something technical?

Also your last release date was for Sept 2018, now that you no longer have the Datenmeister you pushed the release back another month... Which is cool but because you're missing this big piece of hardware that was going to be pushing this game and making it go the extra mile how is an extra month going to be realistic?
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
20%
03/04/2018 - 18:51
it will change a lot of things that the final product ?

Watermelon
No no worry
03/04/2018 - 19:48
Dont expect an answer from WM, they (ahem*Fonzie*) will be hiding until october when they will announce once again that its been delayed to 2019. They did answer in fb that the chip will still be present, but “downscaled” in what it can do
USE code 298911 5% Discount Coupon on any product at Checkout
03/04/2018 - 21:09
So what's going to change a lot about the end product is there a problem with the chip?

Watermelon
We have "catch up" ... everything will be as planned
08/04/2018 - 15:14
What about the packaging itself, which gloriously features the "Datenmeister" logo?

I suppose that a revision of the packaging is coming too (and probably will delay again the release...)
08/04/2018 - 16:07
From the last announcement, my guess is that the additional chip is kept in the cartridge design but only the chip technology (and maybe also features) was changed so the code in the game used to interface with that external chip must be changed.

For what it's worth, it can still be called "Datenmeister" considering it's probably a name invented by Fonzie, not a retail chip name.
09/04/2018 - 02:08
My guess is the chip was created by a company/person and this is the chip that was tested repeatedly. But the creator of the chip was too expensive or too slow for mass production. Then the new company/s that was to mass produce couldn't recreate the chip exactly, hence the long delay. Finally [:WM] gave up and took what they could from the chip that could be massed produced.

Don't forget my royalties if you quote or use my suggestions.
09/04/2018 - 08:07
Wrong the chip was a generic off the shelf DSP. They'd experimented with a FPGA early on but Fonz considered it too expensive. Unfortunately theyve had issues with the current coprocessor so have rolled back to the FPGA again. This stuff should have been tested and sorted years ago. Additionally the 80MEG cart might be a red herring. The sub CPU needs RAM so there is a good chance it's a 64MEG cart with 16MEG of RAM.
16bits is all he needs
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
20%
19/04/2018 - 11:23
@matteus, are you sure of this?
Where did you get that information from the FPGA?
05/05/2018 - 23:41
Some news on [:WM] Facebook page (comments)
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS