BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards
<

>
Boards PAPRIUM About the Game
Paprium information we know
14/03/2018 - 10:10
From what i've heard when he got called last week at midnight, Paypal money was still blocked, and production pending.
This indeed does not match with what was said before.
I offered my help and received no feedback.
That's just sad.
Most annoying fanboy ever
14/03/2018 - 11:06
Wait ! What ???
Paypal still block money ?
Or no one have any real information from Fonzie
Even [:wm] employees ?
[:gen] Forever.
14/03/2018 - 11:22
I'm not WM employee. I heard it from someone who called him.
Others are refering to WM's customer service communications.

Only way to know the exact truth would be to have an official statement from Fonzie, which will most likely not happen.

Very sad for me to imagine that Fonzie may end up not making a living out of his passion, and ruining his reputation.
14/03/2018 - 12:11
So he definitely lied when he said that Paprium was coming "february or march"? (well, he said that to Camille, who gave that answer on Facebook and Twitter):

"The production is almost done"

https://www.facebook.com/watermelongames/posts/1635499603184377?comment_id=1635508979850106&reply_comment_id=1635563786511292&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D 

"Février / mars 2018"

https://www.facebook.com/watermelongames/posts/1635499603184377?comment_id=1635685943165743&reply_comment_id=1635750979825906&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D 

"yes PP unlocked half of the money... The production is on, PAPRIUM will sort out guys !"

https://twitter.com/watermelongames/status/956000594279284736 

"The game and the stick will be released in 2 or 3 months..."

https://twitter.com/watermelongames/status/948210225160572928 

...and so on.

I don't have a problem if they need time to polish the game or whatever, but I definitely have a problem with people outright lying.
14/03/2018 - 12:49
I do not know where to put the truth cursor at the moment.
14/03/2018 - 13:04
Previous statement from WM was that "half of Paypal money" was released and production was "on", which is not incompatible with the fact that half of the funds required to finalize production process is still locked by Paypal and that he thought they would have released it by now.

Anyway, it's impossible to put any "truth cursor" when all you have is only hearsays from uninvolved third parties and no straight or clear words from the guy apparently trying to deal everything by himself.

At this point, it's only a matter of trust, that is, how much you believe Fonzie will be capable to deliver what he promised and how much you buy his various excuses to justify the delays.
14/03/2018 - 13:44
The truth probably is that Fonzie has difficulty to take up the challenge, too many things at the same time. The whole Paprium thing (Game, Grand Stick, 2 packagings, goodies, Combook, manga, special DT128M16VA1LT chipset, etc) was too ambitious for only one person without help and collaboration during the course of the project at any time. Silence is gold but not always indeed.

The only solid news we have is from Luis on the Sega-16 forum :

"First, allot of care, time and $ has been spent on all aspect's of presentation for PAPRIUM, I know allot about it. I helped with ideas. Some are so far ahead in Fonzie wanting to accomplish that I wont even dare to spoil it this time.

Second just like Music, graphics and presentation have always been center stage something I poured allot of care and so did Fonzie.

And lastly, my only concern is gameplay...I have always asked for builds to test, played and sent feedback to Fonzie on how to improve gameplay and flow. I've played so many beat em Up's if not almost all in past years, doing research and wanting it to be tight and responsive. Now, did Fonzie fallow through on those ? Past December I was asked to help and polishing the game's gameplay, I sent him a reply and then, nothing. Haven't heard from him since? My only hope, because I care for what I helped create, is that he doesn't screw it up."

About the Gameplay :
"It was responsive, only issue I had at the time was the jump/ hit. Run/ jump/hit was a bit floaty and asked Fonzie if he could tighten it up so it feels like FF or Cadilac's and Dinausaurs. As far as combos and animations, hit detection goes , it seemed to be working well and he was adamant in making it as tight as possible. What was shown in the trailer is how I remember play testing it. My main concern was the flow and enemy waves.. I was told that it was being addressed. Everything else including special moves worked just fine. Will see how it ends up! "
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?22142-Paprium-Official-Thread/page423 
14/03/2018 - 14:29
 I'm not WM employee. I heard it from someone who called him.
Others are refering to WM's customer service communications.

Only way to know the exact truth would be to have an official statement from Fonzie, which will most likely not happen.

Very sad for me to imagine that Fonzie may end up not making a living out of his passion, and ruining his reputation. 

Not you tokay.
But if Camille and support don't say the same thing...
1 Lie or 1 has no information from Fonzie
[:gen] Forever.
14/03/2018 - 14:44
PayPal can really lock only half of the money? That sound very strange! Why only half? If PayPal locked the account due to suspicious activity probably they lock all the money, not only half of them.
This sound more like a customer protection from PayPal, sometimes they don't give immediately the money to the seller, they took them so in case of problem they can refund the customer. Money are generally released when the customer as received the object or when he leave a positive feedback to the seller, or when the protection period run out. I don't remember how long the protection period is, 180 days perhaps?
14/03/2018 - 15:30
People open tickets to ask about the status of the game, and reciveb a direct refund .......... WTF

Do not want to hold anyone? I do not understand anything, it's a disaster.
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.
<

>
BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS