SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards PAPRIUM About the Game
Release party out of nowhere?
08/10/2018 - 17:04
Very glad to see something announced that shows that the game isn't forgotten. I still don't understand why, during the product development that must have taken place for it to seem 'party-ready' - we weren't given any updates on this progress and left to think our money might be gone, with the last update simply being 'paypal has our money' from last year.

I imagine this party took planning, and money as well... next time take 5 minutes of that planning time every week, or month, to say 'hey people, we haven't forgotten you and your game! we're working on some stuff and are still here and didn't run to mexico with your money!'

Now waiting for more details on actually getting this game. Plenty of movies have had cast parties and announcement parties and never been completed or shipped. I'm surprised with PayPal holding on to so much money, and giving refunds, that you could afford a party on top of completing and shipping the game. I hope that means all is financially well with WM games. I really do love what you guys do, I just hate the level of communication with people years after you have our money. You make amazing games and those make me want to support you and your work - I just want to know you're still there along the way. I had enough desire to play these games that even when all seemed dark, I didn't request a refund and held out hope. If anything I didn't want to make it even harder on someone that had been screwed over by PayPal, but also didn't have enough info to be sure that was the case.

Since everything seems dandy now, and you got extra money for a party, that must mean Project N isn't short on resources. What's next there?
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
44%
08/10/2018 - 17:18
E
X
A
C T L Y
08/10/2018 - 21:50
 I imagine this party took planning, and money as well... next time take 5 minutes of that planning time every week, or month, to say 'hey people, we haven't forgotten you and your game! we're working on some stuff and are still here and didn't run to mexico with your money!' 

+1
08/10/2018 - 22:12
So... does this mean you're NOT going to the party? lol
08/10/2018 - 22:25
The event they had to show off the game a few years ago was small and yes people got to see it in action years ago before the art change.
Fight the future, with the power of your Dreamcast.
08/10/2018 - 22:35
 So... does this mean you're NOT going to the party? lol  

Le délire cuir, moustache, poutre apparente, c'est pas trop mon truc, après si c'est Legowelt aux platines pourquoi pas.

Bref, tout ce marketing de dingue pour au final être dans le flou pendant plus de six années c'est un comble.
10/10/2018 - 16:47
If I could get to the party I'd go. I'd have plenty of questions though, and I hope someone with plenty of questions is able to attend and report back what info they gather here. I mean I wouldn't be a jerk, I'm excited about this game, but yeah, why didn't you take 5 minutes a month to let us know the project isn't dead?
Even if it was issues with PayPal, most of us would stand behind you, and even help convince PayPal you're legit if needed. We'd have your back. Just let us know whats up, cause otherwise we start to feel like the back we had has been turned away from us.

Also would like to know more details about the PayPal issue, would be helpful for others starting similar businesses. I wonder if it has something to do with the Gem system, so we weren't pre-ordering games, we were buying a proprietary currency then investing THAT in games (at least before pre-orders started). That may have looked sketchy to PayPal, and I always assumed it was a safety thing for them if the project fell through. They could always just return our Gems, which is what we paid for, but not the money used to buy those Gems, which might be worthless if the projects were killed off.
17/10/2018 - 19:06
Un avant gout des hostilités.

My Website : http://www.rolango.fr/
17/10/2018 - 19:40
Honestly I'm trying to be the opposite of hostile, but also pointing out some things that don't line up and ways we could have been (and still could be) treated a little better as supporters/customers. Obviously I want this company to succeed and keep making games. I've bought nearly everything they've released or published so far.

I know people can turn really hostile over stuff like this and it doesn't help anyone. I might be a bit annoyed, but not hostile. I'd just like an explanation as to what happened, and a 2-sentence update once a month though. I think asking for that is rather minimal, and hopefully wouldn't be seen as hostile at all. I just don't want us to all feel forgotten. I want us to be able to help WM through issues they are facing. But we can't do that if we don't even know they still exist sometimes.
19/10/2018 - 21:11
I'm wondering if the investors have gotten any extra information or emails other than the one about the party and address update?

I would hope that all the investor's get to experience Paprium's first ever reveal and play the game first. I mean, it would be pretty ridiculous if someone who just happened to live in the area attended the event in Paris and got to experience Paprium like it was nothing, not understanding all that has happened over the past decade with [:WM]. Seems like this would infuriate a lot of people who were here from the start and contributed to the gems system so so long ago.
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
11%
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS