SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY CART (0)      ENGLISH
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Comments
1 / 2

Radchek , 31/10/2012 - 15:20
Well, it was fun while it lasted :)
Fonzie , 31/10/2012 - 14:50
I think it's over :)
Radchek , 12/10/2012 - 11:32
Starting to get the hang of it now, I think. My first few entries were terrible, the more recent entries I'm feeling slightly better about. I still maintain that this is a tough comp, 12x12 pixel art board is very difficult to work with :P
Janio , 11/10/2012 - 14:24
This is a cool contest! Sent some draws, including my ninja avatar.
mariaud , 11/10/2012 - 13:10
Couldn't make a choice ... so I had sent you some of them :)
theloon , 09/10/2012 - 15:54
I just submitted my second entry. It's my interpretation of the Bat from Atari Adventure. Although never stated in the manual the Bats name is Knubberrubb.
Agone , 07/10/2012 - 13:13
You already made a very nice artwork ! Keep it up, I can't wait to see the result on a pullover !
theloon , 04/10/2012 - 15:12
Just sent my entry. It's a Wumpus! Somewhat like the Wumpus in "hunt the Wumpus" but my own version. It's actually inspired by a random jumble of characters that you encounter when glitching past the normal level data in Wizards & Warriors.
Beelzebub , 01/10/2012 - 16:49
Done with about four separate entries already! I'm having a lot of fun with this contest. I can't wait to see all of the entries!
Fonzie , 25/09/2012 - 16:48
Another hint: You can use smaller portion of the drawing area to make your artwork. For example 8*8 pixel artwork can give better result than 12*12 in some cases! Can work with or without outlines as well! It's endless!
pigatti , 25/09/2012 - 16:20
@ Fonzie: I'll be trying again this weekend. We'll see if my willpower overcomes my lack of skill. See ya! :D
Radchek , 25/09/2012 - 15:16
Cool! That's great advice, I'll give it a go. I still don't think I'll come up with anything as good as your rabbit though.
krzysio87 , 25/09/2012 - 14:29
Fill outline with a base color and add any colored areas such as eyes, mouth, ears. Create shades of the base color to shade the sprite and add more detail without creating a mess of black pixels. Use more natural colors rather than plain black/grey add some green or whatever color suits it best.
krzysio87 , 25/09/2012 - 14:08
@ Radchek Thanks, my profile pic actually happens to be the entry that I was most proud of. If anyone wants any advice on making a character sprite I'd suggest to start with an outline of the head making it big enough to fill in needed details. Then fit in the rest of the outline filling in details.
captainpyro , 25/09/2012 - 01:21
Been so busy playing Pier Solar I forgot this contest was going on. Figured I should throw a couple "arts" in to the mix. Good luck, everyone!
   Cramouche , 24/09/2012 - 21:55
"Canary-killer" proposé :p! Mon premier essai en pixel art. Je croise les doigts !
Radchek , 24/09/2012 - 15:33
@ krzysio87 - If your entry is as good as your profile pic then I would say you have a good chance of winning something. I've put forward a few entries but am finding it difficult to actually make anything look good.
Fonzie , 24/09/2012 - 14:31
Try harder :D can be pure geometry or color pattern too!
pigatti , 23/09/2012 - 19:32
I tried to create something, but nothing was good.
krzysio87 , 21/09/2012 - 00:57
Just entered, can't wait to see the winning entries.
1 / 2

Comments about this blog entry:

Fonzie , 17/09/2012
Pix-My-Pullover
[:wm] declares the "Pix-My-Pullover" contest open! Grab your Paint and get started!
/files/public/blogs/1/pixmypull0_244.gif