SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards The Factory Off Topic
The end of my snes collecting
13/04/2017 - 03:07
I have been buying Super Nintendo game's since 2006 and now iam close to having all the title's i had or rented when i was growing up.

I have obviously bought other games that do not fit that mold since i started, i remember back before the big smartphone craze, when i would go to local store's, flea market's and would find great game's i have never heard of like Soldiers of fortune.(AKA Chaos Engine in Europe)

Over time i bought even rare or hard to find game's like Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Super turrican 2. I had no idea at the time about rarity.

Even though iam about five game's left, i will likely buy other title's if the price is reasonable.

I would have to do a double check on the number but i am over two hundred game's for the system before saturday.

On Saturday i will have Maximum Carnage and Separation anxiety, both being two of my favorite rentals and my favorite beat'em up's on the Super Nintendo.

My last goal for the Super Nintendo is to finally buy a SD2SNES during the black friday sale this year and of course to play the heck out of the system.
Fight the future, with the power of your Dreamcast.
13/04/2017 - 03:18
To celebrate finally owning Maximum Carnage for the super, i made sure to buy the reprint of the full fourteen part mini series.
http://i.imgur.com/yVBUpVt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FZSJlo2.jpg
When i was growing up i remember going to my friend Robin's house and of course we both would hang out after school and read marvel comics.

This game was a big deal to us when it came out, of course we played it to death and enjoyed it for what it was. Not the best beat'em up ever made but satisfying, plus it is a decent Spider-man game.

Well i am going back to reading my favorite Spider-Man story arc, Maximum Carnage. [:P]
13/04/2017 - 03:27
SNES is my biggest "physical" game collection, i have about 115 cartridges...
Unfortunatly about half is kind of "unplayable" for me xD.

A friend of Mine is japanese and from time to time he Goes to japan and spend some time...

One off these trips he won a auction on a SFC for me i've get 75 cartridges... For about 1BRL each...

Maximum Carnage i have my original childhood copy (US ver). The only down with The game for me is The lack of 2 players...

SNES is my favorite console since childhood (i'm a ps1 era person, when o was Little, my brother had a ps1 and i used to beg my parents for a SNES)... later on i've my first "myself" console... The Mega Drive...

I've always been more of a Nintendo Guy, always more games that i wanted to play... But Sega consoles aways had some kind of Magic to me... Even not knowing many games atuais some, or Don't likeing many games of some, i allways like then xD

My general game collection bar is to get The games i used to play in childhood (every sustém), however along The way you'll always know New stuff, and get Random stuff for cheap xD
5% on any MGF Product: 4414639
13/04/2017 - 03:34
The Super Nintendo is my favorite console too, i was lucky growing up, at my cousin's house i would play the Sega Genesis. Best of both worlds really, we would play all sort's of fun game's but one of my favorites we played, was Mutant League Hockey and General Chaos.

When i started buying old game's again my goal was like yours, to buy every game i rented and owned during my childhood.

The goal has not been reached yet but for most systems i own most of those games for my goal, atleast with the Super Nintendo i will have finally reached that goal after eleven year's. I will definitely buy the final title's this year and i am gald the last one's i need are not as expensive as the other's i wanted and bought early on like Earthbound or Demon's Crest. In fact, the last game's are either $20 each or less and i will update this thread when i buy and receive the final game.
13/04/2017 - 13:26
Nice! Good Luck!

Unfortunatly for me is still missing a lot of games, and most games i've played when a children is extremly expensive at my country... nowdays every time i get one of those at a fair price i get extremely happy...

For example, at the end of 2015 i've finnaly got my Disney`s Aladdin for SNES at a fair price... yes its a simple game, but i played it a lot in my cousin SNES when i was a child.

One i`m keeping an eye up is Battle Toads & Double Dragons for the Mega Drive... i had this cart and played it a lot...
5% on any MGF Product: 4414639
13/04/2017 - 14:10
Yeah the price's are the main reason i am stopping, i mainly buy game's locally but on occasion buy some online. Buying game's locally is either at online price's or above for the most part here nowadays.

Obviously back in 2006 i could buy most game's for nothing here in the state's and when the housing market crashed in 2008 it became even easier in my area to find game's.

I have seen the rise of game price's for the past eleven year's and one of the biggest spike's was in 2012, either way i will go full blown sega genesis starting next year, i will only get the very few favorite's and finally the newest version of the sega ever drive.
14/04/2017 - 15:33
I have a decent collection of quality titles, but i stopped buying old games since 2010, its just not worth it anymore. I bought an everdrive for n64, nes, snes, genny, turbografx. I can play any game, anytime. Collecting has become ridiculous and a waste of money, if prices come back down ill buy them again
USE code 298911 5% Discount Coupon on any product at Checkout
14/04/2017 - 23:41
I have a feeling that we may see a shift soon, what i mean is a big drop off in buyer's.

I totally agree with you PreZZ, if i see something locally that is reasonably priced for the snes, i will buy it but overall if i can not buy anymore older snes game's, then i will be okay with it.

I am going to try and pick up the last games before Paprium is released, worse case scenario before the year is up.
15/04/2017 - 23:34
Ps3, xbox360, original xbox is what im collecting right now, prices are low, very low! Best time to collect for the platfirms
USE code 298911 5% Discount Coupon on any product at Checkout
16/04/2017 - 01:51
Dirty as crap but they work.
http://i.imgur.com/lDRlyEY.jpg
They clean up good too.
http://i.imgur.com/nksY8gz.jpg
I am gonna have some fun tonight.
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS